I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sacrifice-- A Poem by David Hubbard

SACRIFICE
By David Hubbard
June 16, 2010

Don’t sacrifice your lambs for Me.
I don’t want blood, I want you free
I want you close, completely.
Don’t sacrifice your lambs for Me.

Don’t kill a sparrow or a wren.
Don’t kill anything again,
And be the freest of all men
Don’t kill a sparrow or a wren.

Life is sacred, Mine alone.
I lose a creature when it’s gone.
Yes, I am it, the only one.
Life is sacred, Mine alone.

Sacrifice one thing for Me;
I don’t want blood, I want you free.
Die to self, so you can be.
Sacrifice one thing for Me

You will still live, so do not fear.
Your self’s not who you are, My dear.
You’re part of Me, hear what you hear.
You will still live, so do not fear.

Your self’s the ego, in My way.
I want you with me now, today.
It doesn’t matter what men say.
Your self’s the ego, in My way.

When self is dead, you will be free,
Alive to life and One with Me
Come back to Me and you will see
When self is dead, you will be free.

“But how?” you say, and well you might.
It can be done without a fight.
In fact it is your true birthright.
“But how?” you say, and well you might.

Just wake up from the dream of thought.
Forget complexities they’ve taught.
Escape the trap in which you’re caught.
Just wake up from the dream of thought.

If you wish to contact David, email him at davidhubbard at (use @) telus.net

No comments:

Post a Comment