Here's how you might experience this leg of the Prayer Tour:
- More than anything else in this stage of your life, what is it that you need from the Lord? (Some examples might be: Contentment "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 Faith "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him." Mark 11:22, 23 Again, you might want to look through a book like "The Bible Promise Book" that is arranged according to topics.
- Write up your promise text on a card and put it somewhere you will see often.
- Commit the text to memory
- Design a craft that highlights the text. Buy stickers that have the text on them.
- On a piece of paper write down the main words of your text.
- With a Concordance match the key words of your text (the ones that seem 'key' to you) with other appropriate texts that contain similar words
- Each day choose one text for meditating upon. Read it from several versions of the Bible (you can do this online at a site such as Bible Gateway). Select the text from the version that seems to speak to you and write it down.
- For Adventists, does Ellen White use that text as a basis of one of her messages?
- Write down what you believe God is telling you through this text. Then, write a response in prayer.
- You might want to partner with friends or family and share texts to pray for over a specified time.
ADRA HAITI DONATIONS- Credit card donations to ADRA for Haiti can be made toll-free 888-274-2372 or mail a cheque to ADRA Canada 1148 King St. E., Oshawa, ON L1H 1H8 or make your donation securely on-line (by credit card or bank withdrawal)by clicking HERE To see what is happening in Haiti and elsewhere ADRA serves, go here.