I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Eleven Week Tour of "Prayer Country"

Several years ago I attended a Prayer Conference and purchased the excellent little book by Dorothy Eaton Watts called "Prayer Country: A Tour to the Wonders of Prayer".   This is an intensely practical book set up to explore "Prayer Country"-- to move out of a "spiritual rut" onto a journey that will "move your prayer life from ordinary to extraordinary."  Each chapter is set up like a guidebook for a particular 'tour'-- variations and styles of prayer are covered particular to each tour.  Dorothy states in the 'Welcome' chapter that the book "will share some of my experiences in my search for the King of Prayer Country and some of the paths I have found that have led me to a stronger, more consistent prayer life."  Whether God answers "yes, no, or wait awhile" becomes secondary to building an intimate relationship with the King of Prayer Country (the King of the Universe).


Well, the truth is that I have a pile of prayers on my list-- prayers that friends have requested, hurts in my own life, family members in need, church needs, etc. etc. etc.  and I want to engage in the same adventure of years past where praying was exciting and I had an actual dialogue with God.  I'm going to take a chapter (or a tour) a week and really apply some of the methods that Dorothy describes.  Would you like to come along on this tour?  You can... either by posting your own experiences and comments below (click where it says "Comments") or by subscribing (right sidebar-->).  Starting soon!
------------------------------------------
ADRA HAITI DONATIONS- Credit card donations to ADRA for Haiti can be made toll-free 888-274-2372 or mail a cheque to ADRA Canada 1148 King St. E., Oshawa, ON L1H 1H8 or make your donation securely on-line (by credit card or bank withdrawal)by clicking HERE To see what is happening in Haiti and elsewhere ADRA serves, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment