I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Friday, August 15, 2008

Mission: To Be A Happy Guy


My Dad is very dear to me. But he is not a Christian believer, and he said to me tonight, "It's unlikely I'll ever change from what I am right now"... I said, "Dad, you never know, you just never know", and because he is the respectful, open-minded guy he is, he said, "Yeah, you could be right."

He tells me that he really doesn't like the Christian shows where the televangelists yell and point their finger at him... that that does not do anything for him. I asked him if he had ever watched "It Is Written"-- I know that my husband's brother finds this program to his liking-- the presenter does NOT yell and carry on.

I suggested that Dad's Mission at this time in his life was just to be happy and to extend that happiness to others. He thought that was a fine idea... one person at a time.

Some people have hugely negative impressions of the Social Network called Facebook. I have actually met many wonderful and dynamic people on Facebook (and of course am thrilled to have contact with friends and family there, some of whom I had lost touch with before Facebook). One of my Facebook friends, Lorie, told me about her Dad who is convalescing from a stroke. She told me that her Dad is also not 'born again'. We decided that we would pray for our dads' salvations. This is very reassuring for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment