I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Friday, June 13, 2008

Tuning In


Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes... Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place. ~Ephesians 6:10-11, 14

Today's coaching pointer is another one of those short and bittersweet ones... I don't have to harp. You know what it means to "second-guess" yourself... to ignore the positive messages that you are getting and to pay attention to the discouraging and sometimes repetitive negative messages. Like someone very close to me. At a recent meeting he was commended for some work that he did and on the heels of that, he heard a very negative message from another person-- not even directly involving him. He came home focused on the second rant, taking responsibility for that person's unhappiness.

I recall a time when I did a workshop and we were each 'peer reviewed' for a presentation that we had done. Nine of the slips of paper I received had glowing remarks about what a terrific job I had done-- the tenth slip said something like, "Could have been better organized." Well, instead of feeling delighted by the positive (and equally genuine, valid)feedback, I immediately flashed on all my feelings of inadequacy around my organizational skills. I beat myself up good until a friend asked me about the other comments I had received and helped me to tip my perspective back.

We all make mistakes. Acknowledge your sins and mistakes, and then press forward towards that BIG DREAM... don't allow yourself to live condemned during the process!


Thinking Work: Take out your pen and paper. Identify ways in which you are tempted to believe the accusing voices you hear-- maybe in a relationship, in your work, or because of certain habits you have not yet overcome... Write down each "accusation" and write beside it: "God has made me a worthy person. I KNOW God gave me my BIG DREAM and is helping me achieve it...!" Now, go forth and tune into all the messages that PROVE this!

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever-- do not abandon the works of your hands. ~Psalm 138:8


If you care to comment on this blog, it would really be appreciated! Want to share your BIG DREAM? Was today's task helpful? Leave your comment by clicking here.

*Join us here for 40 days of exploring your dreams and the potential to use more than 10% of the gifts God has laid before you...FREE. This is Day #8--want to start with Day #1? Need a reminder? Register below and you will be sent a reminder email each day for the next 40 days (and your email will NOT be sold or given to any third party).


Bookmark and Share
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment