I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Becoming Joy


DreamingYou Day #24

We are ultimately meant to be examples of what it means to "live in faith" and that means living with joy as a major daily component of who we are.

When we reach out with our message of hope that the world does not have, we want to be so happy, peaceful and joyful that others will want to have what we do.

I am an extreme introvert meaning that I am very rattled by 'group' events or activities after about an hour. Once I returned totally irritated and exhausted from a "delightful" (my friends tell me)Women's Retreat. My very good friend, who works "in the field" of understanding such things, said, "Ah, Cynthia, you were just totally out of your element-- you need to be a ALONE to recharge, not with a hall full of people."

So, sometimes I try to beg off going with my lovely husband to events that sound like they will be mind-rattling for me. And sometimes he allows me to stay home. But the truth is that sometimes God calls me to go out of my way, committing myself first to His monitoring of my social fuse system, and I have received HUGE blessings in return. As someone in a home business I have sometimes felt a little too isolated... but just recently I have begun working with a wonderful Christian woman who has introduced me to a praise and worship team call... can you imagine? And last week my husband and I attended a health lecture in the community that resulted in about ten of us meeting with the presenter the next day in a park, doing a study on how health is presented in Scripture, and being part of an outreach that we had never anticipated. These are God's little treats, if you will, just for obeying as He leads. It's harder NOT to be joyful as a Christian!


Thinking Work:Take out your pen and paper. Are you as happy as you want to be? Look deeply into your life and write down what takes your joy away, what prevents you from exuding sheer joyful energy? What specifically are you worried about? Write down each of your worries and then go through them and 'correct' them by writing down the kind of advice you reserve for others when you see them feeling down or worrying up a storm. What adjustments can you make to achieve full joy?
May the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. ~Psalm 68:3


Photobucket
*Join us here for 40 days of exploring your dreams and the potential to use more than 10% of the gifts God has laid before you...FREE. This is Day #24--want to start with Day #1? Need a reminder? Register below and you will be sent a reminder email each day for the next 40 days (and your email will NOT be sold or given to any third party).


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment