I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Biblical Model for Financial Blessings

My husband and I married young (I was 19, he was 20) and over the years we have seen God take us from gullibility and ignorance to something that passes for maturity and wisdom. I praise God that Ed had a clear idea of what his Spiritual Gifts were and that he answered the call. I, on the other hand, have waffled back and forth and been pretty unsure of gifts. It is a great blessing that my husband is able to care for my needs along with his own.

At one time I was given a few assignments to become a little more independent, to be able to handle my earnings without running into problems. I read quite a few books and "had" to do my own income tax. It was a good experience. I even took a couple of bookkeeping courses and took on some jobs that required basic skills in that department. Although money management is not my favorite thing in life, I am competent.

Ed is what is called "semi-retired" which means that he finds some time to do the things that he really enjoys (hikes, running, stock market on-line, a little travel) and allows the rest of his time to fill up with family, Church and community responsibilities. He has a few small business clients and a couple of people he helps in tax season. And he is very interested in helping others with financial planning. Sometimes he does workshops, such as the one at Camp Meeting each summer.

I've had the opportunity to learn quite a lot about financial matters from helping out at these workshops. I am amazed at how a Biblical model has blessed so many in their finances. Here is a Christian money management e-book that I have run across that you might find 'profitable' to check out:
Christian Financial Coaching: Click Here!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:44 PM

    The finanical course look good. Seeking God's advice for money management should be required reading for all.

    http://financialliferules.blogspot.com/

    solfest

    ReplyDelete