I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Friday, February 15, 2008

Prayer for Miracle Healing is Answered in the Comox Valley!


Over the last several Friday mornings I have been driving away from my cozy office-- my haven as a young-ish semi-retiree-- into town to the Maternity Home called Chartis House. The Maternity Home has a 'house mother' who needs an occasional break from running her pregnant charges to appointments and running interference in their occasional social clashes. I took on the job thinking, "Why not? I'm a little isolated (to put it mildly) out in suburbia and I do have a long history of working with women." That was my less than gracious acceptance of this call.

Well, the women turn out to be very sweet and lovely to minister to. They also serve. Today I got a very nice hair-cut from the woman who has been a hairdresser for most of her adult life. She now has a line-up of clients from among us volunteers. We figure, "Why would we go pay someone else to cut our hair when we can pay her to do it?" (she is a recovering addict and doing very nicely with a place to think and be supported).

But the real surprise for me is that I may just be at the Home so I can witness miracles in my life. I really didn't have that expectation, but there you go!

What miracle? Well, it's a rather twisty-turny story, as the stories of miracles frequently are. Julie, the lovely director of the Pregnancy Care Center, the community counseling and service organization that administers the Maternity Home, told me when she 'hired' me that her neice had just suffered a traumatic head injury and was in a coma in the hospital in Vancouver. The neice's name is Monique, and she is the mom to two little boys she is parenting without a partner. It was expected that her injuries would mean that her ex-husband would descend to claim custody for the little boys as well. A modern-day travesty that is repeated often.

Julie came to a Women's Ministries lunch at our Church (as supporters, we attempt to 'pull her in' a couple of times a year to update and inspire us). She told us about her vision for the Pregnancy Care Centre and the Maternity House, and then, also a little about her neice. At this time she mentioned that Monique had a Group on Facebook called "We Love Mo" that had over 500 well-wishers logged in for support. When I got home I joined that group.

The prayerful Mom and Dad (Julie's sister) kept us up with group messages about Monique's progress. In the past couple of weeks she has had a major brain operation, begun recovery, and been transferred back to her home on the island where she is parenting her little boys-- from the accident with a head injury and a coma to the release from hospital has been a mere 43 days. Praise the Lord! This is truly a prayer for miracle healing that has been answered-- a miracle that I needed to know about!

No comments:

Post a Comment