I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Spiritual Journey

(the following was written by Janet who was baptized August 25th, 2007 in the Comox Valley Church)

Perhaps many of you would like to know the reasons that bring me here today for Baptism.

The first reason that I am here is because the Lord called me. Oftentimes, the Lord connects to me in my dreams. I had a vision wherein Lorna and I attended a celebration. I saw Jesus with His disciples. He was looking at me and nodded at me as if He was implying “come and follow me”.

Lorna and I can’t see Him as He started preaching because there was a wall in front of us where we were seated. And so we got up from our seats and my dream ended in following Him as he transferred from one temple to another preaching.

On the following evening, I had another dream with Lorna and I seated in serenity worshiping God’s wonderful creation of mountains and lake just like Comox’ nature’s beauty...

These dreams kept me wondering about its message for me. The Lord showed me its meaning when I attended Saturday worship service. I saw the picture of Jesus face in the projector almost the same as in my vision. In my heart I know that it was indeed the Lord calling me to follow Him. From then on I prayed to remove the walls in my life through repentance and asked for His guidance and light to show me the way to follow Him.

Exactly one year since I had these dreams, God answered my prayers by being here for Baptism today to officially follow Him.

The second reason that I am here is because the Lord loves me and I love Him too.
He manifested His love to me in several mysterious ways.

Before I resigned from my job in Saudi Arabia in 1997, I was diagnosed with prolactinoma, a tumor in the pituitary gland in my brain. My doctor said I would not be able to have a baby unless I’ll took medications. I got frustrated with the diagnosis because the reason I was resigning was to reconcile with my husband and to have children.

But I kept my faith in God and prayed for it as I gazed on the full moon and stars on New Year’s Eve of 1998. After I finished my prayers I opened my eyes and I saw a shooting star. On the following month I got pregnant and God gave me my son. I named him Jobo Psamuel because I asked God of him like Hannah did.

God also manifested His love through my friendship with Lorna, whose tremendous faith inspired me to grow spiritually. I learned about the Seventh-day Adventist Church through her. We became friends in Saudi Arabia and she helped me reconcile with my husband.

But a week before I resigned I had been crying heavily for unknown reasons. Then I had another vision, with Lorna dragging me along running away from my husband who was after us.

I didn’t understand the meaning of that dream until 10yrs later. It was a premonition that my reconciliation with my husband would not work. Unfortunately, it didn’t really work but a year after I separated, in God’s grace I got healed from my tumor.

Lorna’s role in that dream was she was given a mission by God to bring me for Baptism and to take me into Heaven as she also have been praying and wishing for me...

Little did I know that God gave me Lorna as my mission too, that is, to bring her back to be active in the church again. Last December, I was moved by her mother’s anguish and desire for Lorna to rejoin the church, so that at least in Heaven they will be together.

Last April I encouraged her to attend the services, while we both have the light, in order to nourish and share our faith in God. Sabbath of April 21 we came to this church wherein we found a home with God’s chosen people like all of you.

Lorna’s family may not be aware of her Baptism today, but they will surely be filled with joy praising the Lord like all of us here today when they do find out.

I thank and praise our magnificent God for loving us and for giving us the light to follow Him. Unto the Lord I commit my life together with my son who wishes to be baptized too. We will abide in His Holy Words; serve Him with our whole heart, mind and spirit, to become a blessing to everyone in love, faith and obedience for God’s glory and for our salvation.

Thank you very much for accepting us into the family. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment