I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fun in the Rain!

So happy to have my friend Gemma here to do the blog today...



My MSN has crashed.....but the messenger window is still working.......haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

Well, I'm here to tell you that you can have fun today inspite of the rain. Yesterday I felt like I needed to do something that I enjoy doing. I looked out at the garden and noticed that the flower plants needed some attention....so I spent some time picking up the ones that were withered... it took a while because there were quite a few...but it felt good after. You know, sometimes we tend to focus on some things and forget to do the other things that we love. I also reviewed the clippings of poems on my fridge.....clippings that were given to me years ago by a beautiful cute lady, who at 84 yrs old married a guy from Comox Valley. Thought I'd share one:

JUST SMILE WHATEVER YOUR TRIAL
by Edward M. Brandt
Be glad when the skies are sunny and bright,
Thank God when everything is going just right.

Don't frown or fret when your heart sings no songs,
When one thing after another seems to go wrong.

Thank God and smile however the day,
He will stay with you each foot of the way.

Each foot of the way the Master abides,
Whatever the problem, He stays by your side.

His presence gives comfort to those who despair,
God's peace has no equal, no love can compare.



Have fun and enjoy your day, and ohh.....SMILE.

~Gemma
And I dedicate the following song by Fernando Ortega to Gemma:

No comments:

Post a Comment