I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

In Harmony with the Heat

We have been experiencing a minor "heat wave"-- classic July weather.... hot, sunny, blue-skied. It is a great blessing from God.

Some of us seem more capable of taking the hot weather-- thrive on it. My father used to say that he just loved to be on a tractor during the hottest days of the year... I couldn't understand that. He would be fried the color of a tomato, and yet he rejoiced.

I appreciate more moderate temperatures myself. Although I love the gentle warmth of evenings and the 'cool of the day' (in the mornings) and the IDEA of a very hot day, in reality I tend to swell up and feel crummy if I have to be in the heat for very long.

And I know that I am not alone! Fortunately, for those of us who find ourselves wilting like petunias in the heat, one of our church family has anticipated our needs and has come up with a really brilliant idea in a scarf-like item that you soak, and
put in the fridge (not the freezer!) between wearings. It's particularly wonderful for women at that certain time of life when a day or night in July can seem like a day or night in the trenches of World War I. It is a very simple, but elegant idea. Makes a great gift too (hint, hint to husbands out there).

If you would like more information, or to purchase one of June's HeatBeaters, please email her at john(dot)june(at)shaw(dot)ca The HeatBeater scarves are only $5 each; buy two at this bargain price and have one in the cooler while you wear one!

No comments:

Post a Comment