I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Camp Meeting starts on Friday....


"Camp Meeting of the Methodists in North America" 1819 Giclee Print by Jacques Milbert

Camp Meeting at the excellent Mountain View Camp facility in Hope, B.C. begins this coming Friday, July 27th.

What is Camp Meeting?

Camp Meeting was historically set up as a time for believers and seekers to come together over a period of days, like the ancient Israelites, to camp, worship together, and be inspired by the most eloquent and anointed of preachers and evangelists. Not much has changed about the Camp Meetings I have had the blessing to attend (in the ManSask and BC Conferences).

I was truly amazed at my first Camp Meeting to find that all the "spiritual food" and other informative events were free over a nine-day period. All that was required in payment was the general outlay for food and a campsite, and that was reasonable by any standard. I answered an "Altar Call" by speaker Dick Dirckson at my first Camp Meeting and began my preparation for baptism when it was over (since all the Pastors in the Conference attend the Camp Meeting, the Pastor I had been studying the Bible with was there to pray with me at the front of the auditorium when I publically proclaimed my desire to follow Jesus). I attended a 7-day daily seminar on healthy living and lost forty pounds by applying what I learned (Dr. Hans Diehl was the seminar presenter). It was an amazing and uplifting and refreshing nine days.

Since then I have been to several sessions of Camp Meeting. I highly recommend the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment