I saw jets of light shining from cities and villages, and from the high places and the low places of the earth. God's word was obeyed, and as a result there were memorials for Him in every city and village. His truth was proclaimed throughout the world. --Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 28, 29. {ChS 112.2}

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 4: Sabbath: Confession and Repentance



Go here to read the theme sheet from Operation Global Rain about Confession and Repentance for Night 4.

Confession here: Ed and I have had the best intentions of praying each evening between 7-8:15, but have not-- we are fairly unstructured people and speaking in terms of brain function, I am a Double Right with a basal right lead (go here and FIND if interested in what that means)which often means my intentions are sterling, but if something interesting comes up, etc., I forget. So, we have been praying at other times, and we feel quite confident that God accepts this, that Jesus has already amply compensated for our deficiencies, and that time is not the big deal to God that it is to organizers... He can make that correction. Hope that doesn't sound cavalier... we do pray, just not at the assigned times.

We spent a wonderful Sabbath Day with members of the Port Alberni Church after Ed did the sermon there. We went for a hike through Fosseli Park on Sproat Lake and gloried in God's workmanship. I unfortunately was not in the best of shape, and a little tired, and at one point missed a step and slipped on some loose rocks while climbing up to our path through a gorge. In the time that I lost my footing and 'saw' myself hitting the rocks, I prayed that I would not be badly injured since I had no idea how people would haul me out of the wilderness. God ministered to me through my caring friend Shirley (Ed and the rest of the folks were already far up the trail but DID come back to see if we were okay when alerted by the only other people we met on this leg of the walk-- a young couple with their dog. I am a little stiff, but nothing major. Shirley and I thanked God all the way back to the car.

Here are some pictures of the day:
(the opening picture is of Les overlooking Sproat Lake shoreline)

Below:Zoe (in yellow circle)is not sure about crossing over

Fern and Moss Terraces

Putting my shoes back on after fording the stream

God's Own Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment